A forced sitting position is a modern phenomenon. The IT revolution may have brought a variety of benefits, however, due to lengthy sitting in front of computers it has led to a myriad of back problems which arise slowly and insidiously. We also spend a large amount of time sitting at home and whilst in cars.
Prolonged sitting in improper positions causes the weakening of back muscles, thereby increasing the pressure on the vertebrae and intervertebral discs. If you are also someone who works in an office, then you surely may know of the unpleasant pain in the lumbar area following lengthy sitting.
Our bodies are simply not designed for sitting still in front of monitors for lengthy periods of time, day in day out whilst at work.
A chair which does not provide the correct support, in which we spend almost a third of the day, might be to blame for many problems including:
- Back and neck pain
- Spinal deformity
- Damage to the spine
- Tingling hands and feet
- Reduced blood flow
- Increased fatigue
- Lower productivity
- Increased irritability
SpinaliS chair – the health solution for your back
Active sitting in SpinaliS chairs has many advantages in comparison to passive sitting on an immobile, fixed seat chair. The main benefit provided by SpinaliS chairs is the continued strengthening of the core stability muscles (back and abdominal muscles) as the movable, flexible seat mounted on a spiral requires that the body constantly and actively maintains its centre of gravity. This limits improper sitting and »breaking« of the spine and also by following the position of a user, prevents adverse spinal movements. It should be noted that the seat on SpinaliS chairs does not bounce up and down, the spiral (it’s not a spring) is there simply to provide the flexibility. Most models of SpinaliS chairs are also equipped with a height adjustable and flexible backrest designed to adjust and follow your movements while giving stable support to your back.
However, sitting on a SpinaliS chair does not imply that a user is to exercise while sitting, as once the body finds its point of balance it may keep still and maintain balanced position with a minimum of muscular activity. Thus, sitting on a SpinaliS chair during long hours at work is not only possible but very comfortable and recommended. Being able to constantly maintain a proper upright and balanced posture with a minimum of muscular effort whilst sitting and working will bring tremendous benefits to a user. This becomes even more evident if we take into consideration the weight of average human head which is around 5 kg. Obviously, we don’t need this 5 kg weight to constantly strain our back muscles and to pull down our spine whilst sitting at work or otherwise.
A free movement of the body and particularly of the pelvis on the chair that provides support in every direction while following your movements feels very comfortable and is very helpful during those long sessions at work.
Introducing SpinaliS chairs into your office is a major step towards an effective and sophisticated corporate well being policy.
SpinaliS chairs cause many favourable effects on the body:
- Improve core stability and posture
- Reduce back pain
- Prevent spinal degeneration
- Relieve pressure on intervertebral discs
- Encourage balanced upright posture while sitting
- Stimulate deep postural muscles of the back
- Strengthen core stability muscles
- Stimulate proper breathing
- Allow gentle motion while sitting
- Increase physical fitness
- Reduce the effort of sitting upright
- Improve blood circulation
- Relax stiff neck
- Arm rests relieve shoulder girdle muscles
- Improve mood – good posture sends positive messages to the brain
Balance is simply the best cure for your spine!
- Recommended by orthopaedists, physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, Alexander Technique, Yoga and Pilates teachers and fitness instructors
- Recognised medical device across the EU
- Seven models of office chairs and three stools models available in a wide range of colours
- High quality patented EU product with three years warranty
- Certified product – Certificate of Conformity of Spinalis chairs with the EU standards for office furniture CE
- Long term investment – each part of a SpinaliS chair may be replaced with a new one